Tomorrow, April 22, is Earth Day, so it’s time to show the Earth some love. Here are some simple things you can do to help our planet:
Ways to Save Water:
- Don’t let your automatic ice maker run constantly.
- Install low-flow devices.
- Water plants in the morning or evening when the least amount of evaporation is likely to occur.
- Use your garbage disposal less. Purchase a sink strainer instead to trap food and other debris, or consider composting.
- Wash full loads to conserve both water and energy.
- Trust in the power of your dishwasher and stop pre-rinsing.
- Install a spray nozzle to stop water from continuously running.
- Check for and fix leaks.
Ways to be Sustainable:
- Plant a tree.
- Eat less meat.
- Stop buying disposable plastic items.
- Make your own garden or buy more locally-grown produce.
- Go paperless.
- Invest in solar powered gadgets.
- Try carpooling, walking, or biking to work.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Volunteer at local events or with local organizations.
- Donate to a cause: