The Westside Urban Forum is holding what it calls the “Art of Moving LA”, a (slightly cheesy) play on the name of Metro CEO Art Leahy, on January 15th.
It’ll take place at The Regency Club, which lucky for us Bruins is close by at the corner of Wilshire and Westwood. The discussion will be moderated by David Abel, the publisher of the Planning and Investment Reports.
Mr. Leahy has a lot of things on his plate (including the construction of a Wilshire Subway), and WUF promises these topics are on the agenda:
· Keeping faith with the voters;
· Sub-regional competition for projects that play out in the Metro Board Room, Sacramento and Washington, D.C.
· Transportation reauthorization;
· Sacramento budget headaches;
· Metro’s structural operating deficit; and
· Maintaining & improving bus and rail service today for the nation’s 3rd largest transit fleet.
Although the Westside Urban Form is technically a networking organization for people interested in land use and development, these transportation-related breakfasts are a great way for transit-geeks to get together.
Planners can also earn CM credit from AICP of one hour.
$30 members/$45 nonmembers
$10 student members/$15 student nonmembers
Where: The Regency Club 10900 Wilshire Blvd., 17th Floor, Los Angeles, California 7:00am – 9:00am