From now until December 11, donate funds or food to help those in need. There will be a range of events and fundraisers leading up to the big game against rival USC on November 28.
Hosted by UCLA Events & Transportation, the UCLA Food Drive will be collecting goods and funds to support the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank and the UCLA Food Closet, a UCLA Community Programs Office initiative that provides struggling students with a helping hand. Bins will be provided by UCLA Events & Transportation and can be collected from Bruin Commuter Services (BSC) in the Transportation lobby (555 Westwood Plaza Suite 100). UCLA Events & Transportation will also be partnering with UCLA Athletics, the UCLA Volunteer Center and UCLA Alumni Relations in an effort to spread hunger awareness through community outreach.
Over the years, with assistance from the entire UCLA community, the UCLA Food Drive has collected over 45,000 pounds of food donations, which were given directly to underprivileged individuals and families. With an even higher goal set for this year, we encourage everyone to contribute what they can, as needs in and around the UCLA community have increased.
We need your help!
Let’s unite for a great cause and show everyone that UCLA cares about our community. Please donate funds or food to help our less fortunate community members and neighbors this Holiday Season! Click here to make an online donation or text “GoUCLA” to 41444. To donate canned goods or nonperishable items, please visit one of the following locations:
- Bruin Commuter Services (555 Westwood Plaza, Suite 100)
- Volunteer Center (10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1500)
- Community Service Commission (405 Kerckhoff Hall)
- Events Office (168 Kerckhoff Hall)
- University Apartments South Resident Services Office (3200 Sawtelle Blvd.)
- University Apartments South Facilities Building (3327 Sepulveda Blvd.)
- University Apartments North Resident Services Office (11020 Weyburn Dr.)
- University Apartments North Facilities Building (925 Weyburn Place)
To request a donation bin for your department or building, please contact Eddie Munguia at email@example.com.