Our friends at UCLA Recreation are now hosting the 12 Staircases of December Challenge!
Small steps can make big differences to your overall health and energy levels. Get yourself in shape for the holidays by walking the beautiful Janss steps.
Thursday, December 12
12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Join us for a great workout at one of the most beautiful locations on campus. Enjoy the great view as you climb the stairs and enjoy some light calisthenics.
Receive your "12 Staircases of December" Challenge "fanny pack" and other giveaways. Wear athletic shoes. Register Now.
Post images of your 12 Stairs of December! Upload them to Instagram or Twitter using the #12stairsofdecember13 hashtag.
If you can't make the above events, complete the challenge on your own time:
- On the 1st day of the challenge, climb a set of stairs once.
- On the second day of the challenge, climb it twice.
- Continue so that on the 12th day of the challenge, you climb the set of stairs twelve times.
- Visit a different set of stairs each day of the challenge. Climb the stairs as many times as you can.
UCLA has plenty of stairwells to fulfill your challenge. Here are just a few ideas of where to climb:
- Janss Steps
- Drake Stairs
- Res Halls
- Biomedical Research
- La Kretz (Environmental Sciences)
- Melnitz Steps
Choose a stairwell or flight of stairs that is appropriate for your fitness level and convenient for you. And don't forget to put safety first: Use handrails for balance, keep your eyes on the stairs at all times and just take one step at a time.
Let us know which staircases you're planning to climb in the comments!