More information for this and other jobs can be found on our website, but here's the job posting:
Under the general supervision of the Senior Parking Supervisors, the student worker supports the arrival and departure of guest vehicles at the Luskin Conference Center. Greet all drivers as they pull up to receiving area, inspect vehicle properly, notate any damage in detail, issue ZipPark tickets correctly to customer, use specified departing statement, drive vehicle down into Luskin parking garage and park vehicle in appropriate stall, notate required information on valet ticket and hand valet ticket to Parking Assistant, fill in for Parking Assistant during breaks/lunch, learn ZipPark and SKIDATA system and functionality so as to be proficient in valet duties. Perform other duties as assigned. Please note: The conference standard is that customer wait times at drop off are to average less than 1 minute, never to exceed 2 minutes.
Pay Rate: $14.50/hour
Schedule: Not to exceed 20 hours per week
- Ability to recognize the importance of dealing diplomatically with the public and the importance of a good public appearance
- Ability to work effectively under continual interruption and changing priorities
- Skilled in writing grammatically correct documents and synopses
- Ability to speak the English language proficiently
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to eight hours at a time)
- Possess and maintain current California Driver License and a good driving record (subject to DMV pull notice)
- Ability to drive a automatic transmission vehicle is a must
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicles is preferred
- Ability to work any shift—the Luskin Conference Center valet operation runs from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m., 7 days per week, 365 days per year, including all holidays.
- Continued employment contingent on satisfactory background investigation