Rideshare Month is almost over, and we're capping it off with our annual Rideshare Fair this Monday, October 30! The event will be held in Bruin Plaza from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
We have many exciting things in store for you, including prizes, giveaways and fun activities with some of our campus partners, like the UCLA Bike Shop, BruinBus, BruinCar, Staff Assembly and more!
Check out the rest of our lineup of vendors below. We hope to see you all on Monday! And if you haven't already, take the pledge to share the ride and be entered to win cool prizes like a Fitbit, Jawbone Fitness Tracker, Amtrak tickets, gift cards and more!
Los Angeles Metro:
- Hero to all LA transit users, LA Metro is coming with a new, unfamiliar face. In a push to advocate for transit etiquette, LA Metro has enlisted the help of Super Kind! Join Super Kind in her battle against Rude Dude by stopping by the LA Metro booth.
Santa Monica Big Blue Bus:
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus will there to answer all of your transit questions. Did you know that there will soon be bus-only lanes on Lincoln Boulevard? That’s right, the first of its kind is coming to Santa Monica. Be sure to visit the Big Blue Bus table for more information.
Culver City Bus:
- Everyone’s favorite green bus service is coming to the UCLA campus. This bus is one of the best ways to get around in Culver City. Stop by their booth on Monday.
- LADOT has undertaken several new initiatives recently to ensure that you and those around you are safe on its streets — including its ongoing MyFigueroa projects, changes on Vista Del Mar and Playa Del Rey, a Safe Routes to School Action Plan, upgrades on Spring and Main Streets, and a pilot bus program aiming to eliminate conflict between cyclists and buses. If you’re curious about any of these projects, stop by their booth on Monday.
- If you’re a frequent flyer, you’re probably familiar with the FlyAway bus service. The FlyAway offers a direct trip to and from LAX to several parts of LA, including right here on campus. They’ll be at the Rideshare Fair to address all of your questions and needs.
- Questions about Bruin Bike Share? CycleHop will be here to help. They operate not only the Bruin Bike Share system, but also the Santa Monica, West Hollywood and Beverly Hills bike share systems. With regionalization on the horizon, this booth is a must for anyone interested in tapping into an expanded bike network.
Westside Motorcycle Academy:
- Own a motorcycle? Always wanted to own a motorcycle? Well, we’re bringing LA’s top motorcycle training facility to you! With the recent rise in motorcyclist accidents, we cannot stress enough the importance of the services provided by the Westside Motorcycle Academy. We hope you’ll check them out at the Rideshare Fair.