These are a few important details to keep in mind as we get closer to the event:
- A limited number of bikes will be available.
- All bicycles have been abandoned and will be offered as-is. Many may require minor or major repairs.
- Bikes will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
- There will be a limit of one bike (or the parts of one bike) per person.
- This event is a great fit for those who currently maintain their own bicycle and are in need of a part or are interested in rebuilding or repairing bikes.
- If you are looking for a specific part and not an entire bike, technicians from the UCLA Bike Shop will be on hand to remove that part from the bike.
In addition to providing recycled bicycles to the UCLA community, UCLA Transportation will also give some bikes and parts to the Los Angeles County Bike Coalition’s (LACBC) Bike Wrangler Program. The Bike Wrangler Program began in 2010 and is supported a grant from the LA County Department of Health. The program works to recover abandoned bicycles and redistribute them to underserved communities. Some bikes will also go to the UCLA Thrift Shop located at 11271 Massachusetts Ave.