Lunchtime Headlines, Nov. 16, 2010
- November 16 2010
- By Sirinya
- For those of you who travel via Metrolink, that agency has just launched a mobile site (via TheTransitWire.com). The mobile site includes
- service alerts via Twitter
- a Google-based trip planner
- a station guide
- special offers.
- File this under “Wait, WHAT???”: “Driver Convicted of Manslaughter Sues Parents of Slain Teen” (via LA Streetsblog and Grist). I am in shock. Never mind that the attorney who filed the suit told the Sacramento Bee that the countersuit filed by the driver — in response to a lawsuit filed by slain teen’s parents — was perfunctory. The teen who died was riding his bike.
- Ford will be selling its first electric car starting in late 2011 in 20 cities, including Los Angeles. According to Grist, Ford selected its 20 target markets based on metrics such as commuting patterns, existing hybrid purchase trends, utility company collaboration and local government commitment to electrification.