Have you figured out how you are getting home for Thanksgiving? I know it’s only November 3rd, but we wanted to get you information now so you can make your decisions and cross off another thing off your List of Things To Do.
- Zimride Have a car but want to split the costs of driving home? Need a ride? Post a ride on Zimride, UCLA’s online ridesharing network. Zimride combines Facebook and ridematching to make it easy to share a ride.
- FlyAway. For those of you brave enough to fly out of LAX, there will be extra FlyAway service during Thanksgiving week.
- If you live on The Hill and you’re leaving on Wednesday, you’re in luck: The Flyaway will be operating additional buses which depart from Hedrick Hall on Wednesday, November 26th. Operating Hours: 10:15AM-6:15PM, every 15 minutes. Cost: $5, CASH ONLY (exact change required; as in, if you hand the driver a $20, you’ll have paid for your $5 fare and a $15 gratuity, and no, at this time, the FlyAway does not sell round-trip fares.)
- Hill residents returning on the Sunday after Thanksgiving can catch a ride from UCLA. Like last year, there will be UCLA shuttle buses to pick up passengers from Structure 32 to transport residents back up to Hedrick Hall until 1AM. Operating hours: 6AM-1AM; Cost: Free.
- Larger buses will depart every 30 minutes during the busiest part of the Thanksgiving holiday from Structure 32.
|Thursday (Thanksgiving day), 11/26||6AM-10PM (Hourly)|
* 55-passenger buses** Last LAX departure at midnight
- Take an Amtrak Train: From campus, travel non-stop to the Van Nuys or Bakersfield Amtrak stations and connect with San Joaquin® and Pacific Surfliner® trains. It’s a short walk down the Hill to board one of four daily Amtrak California Thruway motor coaches at Gayley/Strathmore. Our website has more information on discounts and departure times.
- Passengers do not need a reservation in order to ride the Amtrak Thruway. Simply show your valid ID to the driver, who will hold it in the bus ticket envelope. The ticket clerk at Van Nuys will return your ID along with your rail and bus tickets. UPDATE 11/9/2009: RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for the Amtrak Thruway during the Thanksgiving weekend. Exact dates coming. Don’t delay in making your reservations!
Need more suggestions? Post a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.