There’s good news for UCLA staff and faculty who hold carpool permits: As of July 1, 2012, your parking permit is valid at several structures across campus (not just the lot you are assigned to)!
Two and three person yellow non reserved staff carpool permits are now valid in the assigned area on your permit and also valid in yellow non reserved areas of Parking Structures 2, 3, 4, 8, SV and RC. Check out the interactive campus map for structure locations.
These new privileges can be helpful if you share driving responsibilities with your carpool partner. If you work in buildings that are far away from each other, you could take turns driving your own vehicle and park in a lot closer to you. If you don’t have a carpool buddy yet, go to www.zimride.com/ucla to find a fellow Bruin to share the ride.
Some restrictions apply. The permit is not valid from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday as follows:
- Parking Structure 2 permits are not valid in 9.
- Parking Structure 3, 4 and R permits are not valid in 5.
- Parking Structure 6 permits are not valid in 8 or 9.
- Parking Structure 8 permits are not valid in 6 or 9.
- Parking Structure 9 permits are not valid in 2, 6 or 8.
- Parking Structure 32 permits are not valid in 36.
- Parking Structure 36 permits are not valid in 32.
Please review the complete list of Parking Permit Privileges (PDF) for full details.