Some recent news of interest/inspiration to those who like to ride a bicycle and/or want to see more bike infrastructure in Los Angeles:
- Portland, OR city council passes a comprehensive bike plan:
- An "abandoned" bikeway right here in Westwood:
- First Lady Michelle Obama encourages children to ride bicycles to school:
- An inspiring project in England to get teen girls to ride bikes (and I borrowed the post title from this website):
- A brief deconstruction of the specter of the "scofflaw cyclist":
- A good overview of the proposed Backbone Bikeway Network in Los Angeles:
And once you are riled up or inspired by the articles above, I encourage you to join the UCLA Bicycle Coalition on Google Groups and Facebook. Sign up for a working group, advocate, attend a meeting, get involved!