By Sirinya The Intern
Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) is reducing the operating schedule of the Westwood Flyaway, effective August 1st. Pay close attention to figure out how this may apply to you:
Westwood to LAX (Southbound):
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays: 6AM to 10PM, hourly departures
- Thursdays and Sundays: 6AM to Noon, hourly departures; Noon to 10PM, half-hourly departures
- Fridays: 6AM to 10PM, half-hourly departures
LAX to Westwood (Northbound)
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdaysz 6AM to 11PM, hourly departures
- Thursdays and Sundays: 6AM to Noon, hourly departures; Noon to 11PM, half-hourly departures
- Fridays: 6AM to 11PM, half-hourly departures
If you have any questions about how this may effect you, I recommend that you contact Gary Hoggatt of LAWA directly at 310-646-2250.
What if the Flyaway no longer works for you because of its schedule changes? Here are some alternatives:
- Post a ride request on Zimride - be sure to allow the post to go on your Facebook live feed. Offering some cash doesn't hurt either.
- Transit. Big Blue Bus 3 and Culver City Bus 6 goes down to Lot C. However, their operating hours seem to also match the Flyaway, so it is a scratch.
- Cab. It's about $50 to the airport. Check out this entry for more details.
- Shared ride van. According to the LAWA website, there are two companies authorized to operate out of LAX: Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle. More.