OK, so how excited am I about the upcoming Bike to Campus Week (May 12 – 14, 2009)? So excited that I:
- Spent some time this past weekend ‘training.’ I went on two rides. The first one was a 9-10 mile ride from my apartment (Venice and Centinela in Mar Vista) down to Balona Creek Trail out towards the ocean in Marina Del Rey. The wind was howling in the late afternoon which made the trip towards the ocean a slow-go but the ride home was a ‘breeze’ (excuse the lame pun). The second ride was a 3-4 mile ride around my neighborhood pulling my two year old daughter in a bike trailer. In between telling me to ‘slow down’ or ‘go faster,’ she sang pretty much the entire ride and I joked to my wife that she reminded me of the ‘singing bush’ from The Three Amigos.
- I screen printed my own t-shirt to wear during bike week (May 12-14). Recently I bought myself a screen printing kit and have been experimenting with it on a variety of projects. I figured this would be a fun project to do and I thought it would be fun to have my own t-shirt to rock during Bike Week. Below is a picture of my “Bike Everywhere” creation.
Anyways, the list could go on, but I will stop here and let you determine your own reasons for being excited about Bike to Campus Week. I hope to see you all out at the UCLA Transportation pit stops. The locations and times are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 12, 2009 – Westwood & LeConte from 8 am – 10 am
- Wednesday, May 13, 2009 – Dental Breezeway from 8 am – 10 am
- MAIN EVENT: Thursday, May 14, 2009 – Bruin Plaza from 10 am – noon
See you all there! I’ll be the one wearing the ‘Bike Everywhere shirt” :-).