The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) is launching a bicycle safety campaign, and is asking for slogan ideas from you. The winning submission will be used by graphic designer Geoff McFetridge, and will be converted into a public ad posters, used in bus shelters and public amenity kiosks.
Some sample topics you may consider:
- The door zone and “doorings.”
- Signaling and communication among road users.
- Bicyclists’ rights to the road under CA law.
- Safe passing distances.
- Issues of bicyclist harassment.
Criteria / Guidelines:
- Slogan should be between 1-10 words
- Slogan should be concise and read-able to people whizzing by (or stuck in traffic)
The winning submission will also be awarded a prize by Orange 20 Bikes.
The deadline for contest entry is: Wednesday, May 5th, at 5pm.
For contest submissions and more information click here.