Get excited: Bike (Re)cycling Day will be held on Sunday, October 21 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the rooftop of Parking Structure 8!
Every year, UCLA Transportation impounds bikes that are abandoned on campus. On Bike (Re)cycling Day, these bicycles and parts will be made available to everyone in the UCLA community free of charge.
Some of the bikes will be in decent working order, some may need a light tune-up and some are stripped down to their frame. Recycled bike frames offer an excellent opportunity for those interested in building their own bike from the ground up or to replace a broken part on their own bike.
Here’s everything you need to know about this year’s event:
- ONLY UCLA students, staff and faculty members with BruinCards may participate. You must display your BruinCard to claim a bike.
- Limit ONE bike (or parts that total one bike) per person.
- Bikes will be offered on a first come, first served basis beginning on October 21 at 10 a.m. until supplies run out
- Two bike technicians from the UCLA Bike Shop will be on-site to answer your questions and to make minor adjustments only
- This year, around 70 bikes will be available.