Bike (Re)cycling Day is back and set for Sunday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the rooftop of Parking Structure 8! As always, you will have the opportunity to receive used bikes or used bike parts for FREE.
For those new to UCLA, Bike (Re)cycling Day is our popular annual event where UCLA Transportation and UCLA PD gives abandoned bikes and bike parts (as-is) to members of the UCLA community.
Some of the bikes will be in decent working order, some may need a light tune-up and others are stripped down to their frame. Recycled bike frames offer an excellent opportunity for those interested in building their own bike from the ground up or to replace a broken part on their own bike.
This year, participation will be based on a random lottery being held by UCLA Transportation. This new registration process will reduce chaos and tent pitching, while helping to create an equal opportunity at cashing in on a free ride!
- ONLY UCLA students, staff and faculty members with BruinCards may participate. You must display your BruinCard and lottery ticket number to claim a bike.
- Lottery numbers will be distributed via email on Monday, Oct. 13.
- Limit ONE bike (or parts that total one bike) per person.
- Bikes will be offered in ascending order starting promptly at 10 a.m. If you are not present when your number is called you will be passed.
- Bike technicians from the UCLA Bike Shop will be on-site to answer your questions regarding your new find.
The sign-up period is now closed. If you did not enter in time make sure to mark your calendars to participate next year! If you entered the lottery please check your email for your ticket number and further instruction.