For you newbies out there, Bike (Re)cycling Day is our popular annual event where we give used bikes and used bike parts to the UCLA community for free. These bikes have been abandoned on campus and are offered as-is to members of the campus community on a first come, first served basis.
Some of the bikes will be in decent working order, some may need a light tune-up and some are stripped down to their frame. Recycled bike frames offer an excellent opportunity for those interested in building their own bike from the ground up or to replace a broken part on their own bike.
Guidelines are as follows:
- ONLY UCLA students, staff and faculty members with BruinCards may participate. You must display your BruinCard to claim a bike.
- Limit ONE bike (or parts that total one bike) per person.
- Bikes will be offered on a first come, first served basis beginning on October 20 at 10 a.m. until supplies run out
- Two bike technicians from the UCLA Bike Shop will be on-site to answer your questions and to make minor adjustments only
- This year, around 80 bikes will be available