The UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative aims to reawaken our understanding of and respect for sleep at its annual celebration event to be held April 20 in Pauley Pavilion. A sleep fair with healthy food samples, prizes and student group posters begins at 5 p.m. This will be followed by a panel discussion, live entertainment and an awards presentation beginning at 7 p.m. and a book signing with Arianna Huffington beginning at 8:30 p.m. The event is free and open to everyone.
- Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post and author of “The Sleep Revolution”
- Metta World Peace, Los Angeles Lakers forward, rapper and mental health and healthy eating advocate
- Jerry Siegel, director of the UCLA Center for Sleep Research and a professor in the UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences
- Shelly Ibach, president and CEO of Sleep Number
- Hosain Rahman, founder and CEO of Jawbone
The live show will feature the performances by Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Performance, WACSmash, Resonance A Cappella, UCLA Gymnastics and the UCLA Marching Band.
Tickets are free and now available for pick-up at the UCLA Central Ticket Office, limit four per person. To request tickets by phone, call 310-825-2101. Those interested in reserving a block of tickets for a group, department or class may do so here.
Tickets will also be available at Covel Commons, Murphy Hall, the North Campus Student Center, Kerckhoff Hall, Wilshire Center, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and the UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica.