Looking for something new and exciting to do this Halloween?! What about a ghost tour or a Halloween bike ride? To start this holiday season, check out our list of eight Halloween themed events!
- Halloween Night Bike Ride – Join LA Critical Mass in the largest community Halloween bike ride in Los Angeles. The ride will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 11:40 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 31. The starting point of the ride will be at the Northeast corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Western Ave. Costumes are encouraged!
- Annual Halloween Hop – Take the family to Santa Monica to kick off Halloween night with a walk down Montana Ave on Friday, Oct. 31. Safely walk from 6th street to 17th street, while collecting treats from participating merchants!
- Jack O’Lantern Stroll – Go on a stroll through the RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns in La Canada Flintridge. Walk over a quarter of a mile, while checking out over 5,000 expertly carved pumpkins!
- Haunted History Ghost Walk – If pumpkins aren’t your thing, try the City of Orange Old Towne Haunted History Ghost Walk. The 90-minute outdoor tour explores the darker side of the historic town.
- Zombie 5k Run – Fan of gory zombie movies? If so, check out this 5k zombie run that will put you in the middle of a Walking Dead action scene! The Zombie Run, which takes place in Temecula on Saturday, Nov. 15, will benefit the Kennedy Krieger Institute. Run for a good cause and have a great time!
- Olvera Street Festival – Celebrate Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) on Olvera Street in Los Angeles. Enjoy face painting, street theater performances, mariachi bands, Aztec dancers, art workshops and other fun family activities. For an easy car-free commute, Union Station is only a short walk from the historic street!
- Metro’s Day of the Dead Celebration – Celebrate life (and death) with Metro on a special ‘Day of the Dead’ themed art tour on Sunday, Nov. 2. The free, one-night-only tour will explore artwork in the Metro system through the lens of artist Consuelo Flores.
- Bike Oven Halloween Funtime – Join the Bike Oven’s staff for a Halloween bike ride on Friday, Oct. 31. The bike train will start at 7 p.m. from the Bike Oven located at 3706 N Figueroa Street and roam the streets of LA. Following the conclusion of the bike ride, participants are invited to enjoy movies and music at the Bike Oven.
Happy trick or treating!