By Sirinya The Intern
There will be a series of lane closures adjacent to Wilshire and Sepulveda Boulevards through the next month related to the I-405 widening project, according to Steve Rand, the traffic and adjudication manager at UCLA Transportation.
"The widening of the 405 has reached Westwood!" Rand announced in a departmental e-mail. He adds the the lane closures will be "concentrated during non-peak traffic daytime hours or overnight for approximately the next month."
Furthermore, an outage notice circulated by UCLA Facilities Management assures that throughout the project, accessibility to and for pedestrians, businesses and residences, freeway on and off-ramps, and emergency vehicles will be maintained. Traffic will be reconfigured with one in each direction where allowable.
On today and Friday, the right, center, and left lanes on both directions of Wilshire Boulevard between Veteran and Bonsall will be impacted with intermittent closures during the day.
In the coming weeks, there will also be closures between 9PM and 6AM on the following street segments:
Monday, July 20, 2009
- Beloit Street from Santa Monica to Iowa Ave
- Right lane on westbound Sunset from Thurston Ave. to Church St
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
- Cotner St. from Santa Monica to Ohio Ave.
- Right lane closure on eastbound Skirball from Sepulveda to the Skirball/Mulholland northbound I-405 on-ramp;
Monday, July 20, 2009 and Tuesday, July 21, 2009.
- Right lane closure on southbound Sepulveda from Getty/Sepulveda on/off ramps to Skirball; This closure will alternate with the northbound closure.
Monday, July 20, 2009 through Wednesday, July 22, 2009.
- Right lane on southbound Sepulveda from Getty/Sepulveda to Skirball
Rand also encouraged people to route their concerns or questions to him at srand at ts.ucla.edu or to community relations for the Metro I-405 Widening Project's by calling the project hotline phone number at 213-922-3665