Ever wondered how far you can go with transit from UCLA? Sure you can hop on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and head over to the beach, but how about Canada? Check out these 3 fantastic places that transit can take us to.
Located at the border between New York and Ontario, Niagara Falls is one of the Seven Natural Wonders in the world! Get your cameras ready, because there really aren’t many places that can beat this view.
- Take the 720 Metro Rapid on Wilshire/Westwood to Commerce Center. (40 mins)
- Walk to Wilshire/Western Station to take Metro Purple Line 805 to Union Station/Downtown LA. (13 mins)
- Take the Southwest Chief train to Chicago Union Station. (1 day, 19 hours)
- Take the Lake Shore Limited train to Buffalo-Depew, NY station. (10 hours, 28 mins)
- Take the Maple Leaf train to Niagara Falls, ON. (1 hour, 30 mins)
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (aka Universal Orlando Resort)
I’m not sure how long it takes to travel to the “actual” Hogwarts, but it takes less than four days to get to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort by transit!
- Take the Amtrak California Thruway shuttle from Westwood/UCLA to Van Nuys Amtrak Station (45 mins)
- Take the Pacific Surfliner train to Los Angeles Union Station (42 mins)
- Take the Southwest Chief train to Chicago Union Station (43 hours)
- Take the Capitol Limited train to Washington, DC Union Station (17 hours, 30 mins)
- Take the Silver Meteor train to Orlando, FL station (17 hours, 25 mins)
- Take Bus 40 operated by LYNX to Universal Orlando Emp Center (50 mins)
- Walk to Universal Orlando Resort (7 mins)
- Take the Amtrak California Thruway shuttle from Westwood/UCLA to Bakersfield Amtrak Station. (3 hours, 25 mins)
- Take the San Joaquin train to Martinez, CA station. (5 hours, 10 mins)
- Take the Coast Starlight train to Seattle, WA – King Street Station. (21 hours, 50 mins)