This year, UCLA and USC were presented with the unique opportunity to partner with the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to help the community fight hunger.
As the two universities continually strive to contribute positively to the community through various philanthropic projects, UCLA and USC have joined forces in a friendly competition aiming to spread hunger awareness through community outreach beyond campus walls.
The UCLA Food Drive will benefit the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, an organization that serves Los Angeles County, and the UCLA Food Closet, an on-campus resource managed by the Community Programs Office that provides struggling students with a safe place to pick up food.
The UCLA community is invited to participate in the following ways:
- Donate Money: Every $1 donated equals 4 meals…
Monetary funds to LA Regional Food Bank and the UCLA Food Closet will be accepted until Dec. 12:
- Donate Food: Goods can be donated to LA Regional Food Bank and/or the UCLA Food Closet at the following locations between Oct. 27 – Dec. 12:
- UCLA Transportation Lobby (Strathmore Building)
- Student Activity Center (Community Programs Office, Room 105)
- K-6 Information and Parking Booth (on Westwood across from Strathmore)
- Transit Office on Kinross (near Parking Structure 32)
- Fleet Yard (on Charles E. Young West)
- Events Office (located in Kerckhoff)
- Volunteer Center (in the Wilshire Center, Suite 1500 Lobby)
- Donate at the Bruin Bear to win tickets to the UCLA vs. USC game: Make an online donation or donate at least two cans of food at the Bruin Bear, between Monday, Nov. 17 and Friday, Nov. 21, to be entered in the UCLA Food Drive raffle for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the UCLA vs. USC game on Saturday, Nov. 22. All donations on Bruin Plaza will be accepted throughout the week from 10am to 2pm, except on Friday, Nov. 21, when donations will end at 12:00pm.The raffle winners will be contacted via email on Friday, November 21 by 1pm, and will have until 4pm that day to pick up the game tickets at the UCLA Transportation lobby. If the winning tickets go unclaimed, they will be raffled off to the next eligible winners.
- UCLA vs. USC: The BIG Game: On Saturday, Nov. 22, you will have the opportunity to donate funds online or via a text-to-donate competition during the game. A pre-game announcement will rally fans to text-to-give to Beat USC.
- Text-to-give: Text GOUCLA to 85944 on your phone and reply, ‘yes’ to confirm your $10 donation to the LA Regional Food Bank. The donation will be added to your phone bill. Every $10 donated helps the Food Bank feed 40 people!
- Donate your social media status: Click here to donate your social media status to #TackleHunger on November 22 at 12:00pm through Thunderclap. Thunderclap allows the LA Regional Food Bank to automatically post a message of support on your feed along with other supporters.
Below are some examples of food items you can donate:
- juice boxes
- canned tuna
- peanut butter/jelly
- canned fruits or vegetables
- pancake mix/syrup
- breakfast squares/cereal bars/oatmeal
- coffee/tea/ powdered milk
- macaroni and cheese/instant noodles
- Personal items: toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion
To stay up-to-date with the latest news, click here to join our Facebook event page.
Thank you for your generosity! Go Bruins!