UCLA Food Drive: Oct 31 – Nov 20
- October 31 2012
- By Debra
The 2012 UCLA Food Drive begins today! Help a family in need this holiday season by donating food or funds to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank and the UCLA Food Closet.
The 2012 UCLA Food Drive will run from October 31 – November 20. Help us reach UCLA's $10,000 goal by making a tax-deductible donation online to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. With every $1 donated, the LA Food Bank is able to distribute enough food for four meals.
You can also donate food at various bin locations throughout campus. All food items will be given to the UCLA Food Closet, which supports UCLA students in need. The following items are requested:
- Ingredients to make sandwiches (bread, lettuce, tomato, cheese, turkey, etc.)
- Microwavable food options such as mac and cheese, soups, cereals, various “add water and heat” meals
- Snack bars, juice boxes, peanut butter and crackers, chips, cookies, etc. PLEASE NOTE that large sizes of these items are not as useful as sizes that can be carried easily.
- Canned goods: vegetables, chili, soups, canned meats, etc. (in the 16 oz. range)
- Ritz Crackers
- Goldfish Crackers
- Granola bars (trail mix, peanut butter, Chewy and Oatmeal bars)
- Apple sauce
- Fruit cups
- Any type of pasta (including the sauce)
- Capri-Suns, Kool-Aid
If you work on campus, you can pick up a collection bin for your department at the Commuter Services & Information lobby (supplies are limited). For food pickup, call the Food Closet at the Community Programs Office at (310) 825-5969 or drop off at any one of our several campus locations.
You can also help us spread word about this year's food drive by posting and sharing our flyer or Facebook event.