Need a last-minute Valentine’s Day gift? Here’s a list of 10 awesome things under $100 to buy that special someone who gets up and commutes to work every day.
1. Audbile subscription ($14.95/month): Make those lengthy bus, subway, or vanpool rides a little more fun with a subscription to this audiobook service. Allow your Valentine to escape from the grind for a while with thousands of downloadable titles.
2. Zojirushi Vacuum Travel Mug ($28.99): A personal favorite of mine, which has become an invaluable part of my early morning walks to class is this stainless steel, leak-proof thermos. It’s small enough to fit into most bags and keeps your beverage burning hot or icy cold for hours!
4. Hiplock DX ($86.67): This slim D-Lock clips onto belts, bag straps, and can even slip into pockets for portable protection. Keep your special someone’s precious bike safe with this award-winning lock.
5. Spotify Premium subscription ($9.99/month): Nothing’s worse than commuting in silence. Give the gift of downloadable music this Valentine’s Day and help your Valentine make the perfect playlist for those long commutes.
6. CHCB Women's Suzzi Jacket ($79.97): Cold wind during the morning commute can make even the most pleasant of routes a little less enjoyable. Keep your Valentine warm and stylish this winter with this insulated jacket. Get it while it’s still on sale!
7. Topeak Smartgauge D2 ($34.95): Don’t let flat tires stop your Valentine! Give them this bike gauge to quickly check their air pressure and get rolling on their commute.
8. Woolie Boolie D-Logo Socks ($16.99): Give your special someone’s feet the special treatment with these wool socks. Keep their feet warm and comfortable even on the longest treks and trails.
9. Moji Mini PRO Massager ($29.99): Whether you bike, walk, use public transit, or vanpool to work, you’re bound to get a little sore. Ease your Valentine’s stress with this portable massager.
10. Bruin Bike Share membership ($7-$60): Thinking about getting some wheels on Valentine’s Day? How about gifting your loved one with a membership to UCLA’s very own bike share system? Your Valentine will love the convenience and fun it offers! Memberships range from $7 a month to $60 a year for UCLA staff, faculty and students. New monthly members get a free custom UCLA helmet and annual members get the helmet plus a bicycle gift set!